Express Name Change Passport Service
This process is for changing a name in a valid passport.
This application is to be used for amending a current passport to reflect your new, legal name.
You may use this application if you can answer "YES" to both parts:
1. Your passport is less than one year old, AND
2. You can supply the official document(s) indicating the change of name.
If you answered "no" you will be required to renew your passport. Please go to renew your passport.
In order to expedite your name change passport application, please follow each of the following steps. An incomplete or incorrectly completed application will delay the issue of your passport. To make the process easier to complete we suggest you print this page and follow the steps in the order presented.
1. Your Valid Passport
2. Evidence of Immediate Travel - Must provide a copy of 1 of the following:
- Round trip ticket indicating travel to a foreign country
- Travel Itinerary
- Business traveler’s may submit a business letter if the above is not available
3. Now you can only fill out required forms online at the US Department of State web site (click here), NO paper applications are accepted.
4. Original Legal Records Documenting Name Change
- Original Marriage license
- Original Divorce Decree
- Original Court order showing the name change
Photocopies of documents are not accepted by the Passport Agency
5. Fees - Government and Go To Russia Travel fees are paid in separate checks:
- $60 Government fees. You will write a check to "U.S. Department of State" for $60 (please write your date of birth on the memo line of the check).
- $125 to Go To Russia Travel. Also include payment for the return shipping option you selected (if applicable). If you want to pay by credit card, please download credit card authorization form and send along with all documents.
5. Federal Express Shipping Instructions
- Send all the above mentioned documents + $18 for return FedEx to:
3450 Geary Boulevard, #105 and #106, San Francisco, CA 94118